Tuesday 22 February 2011

Ferm Living

5. Ferris Mobile

I've never been a massive fan of minimalist design, I'm too much of a hoarder and a clutterbug to live in any sort of diciplined way. On the other hand, I can't get enough of Scandinavian style. I love the plain dentist-white walls dotted with candy-coloured accessories. Minimal is one thing, but simplicity is another. If you can pair down your colour-schemes, you can let your quirky collections shine.

Danish designers, Ferm Living, are a brilliant source of inspiration for this style. Their bold, unique pieces would be a real talking point in your home, and a guaranteed warm feeling every time you lay eyes on them. Moderation is the key: let these items speak for themselves.


1. I'm in love with thick striped wallpaper at the moment. I usually go for a faded grey stripe, but this jet black would look amazing against a dark plum coloured wall. All Ferm Living wallpaper is part of a new generation of non-woven papers that are easier and faster to hang; you just apply the paste to the wall and line the paper up. My man would be ecstatic.

2. If you don't feel like covering a whole wall with pattern, wall-stickers are a great way to add some interest to a room. This telegraph pole sticker really jumps out at you and would make a huge impact on walking into the room.

3. I love all Ferm Living's kitchen range. Their use of glass and porcelain is so iconic, and yet very fresh. These glass lab jars are perfect for displaying single stem flowers or cooking oils. I'm very tempted to order one as an olive oil pourer.

4. This porcelain dining ware is absolutely adorable. The circus-style bunting really sets off this bowl; child-like but very stylish at the same time. Pair with some coloured melamine cutlery and a crisp white tablecloth and you're good to go.

5. I don't usually get mobiles but this ferris wheel carved plywood number really gets me. And sometimes, when something grabs you, you have to grab it back. This would look great hung on a wall as a decoration next to a shelf full of other curiosites. Very retro.

No comments:

Post a Comment