Sunday 26 February 2012

Decoupage Fun










I must say, I am really enjoying the pattern our weekends seem to be creating. We don't make any plans, generally, and wake up each Saturday/Sunday not knowing what the day ahead may hold. We feel like just taking each day as it comes, and that's exactly what we're doing. Some how, each weekend, we don't worry about what to do and, by the end of the day, we've done something completely unexpected and had an amazing time. This Saturday was no exception. We ended up on the beach, as our housemates Tom and Gabby had offered to take us with them after Tom came back from a game of golf with a surf board! Martin ended up having an impromptu surfing lesson whilst I sunned myself on the sand with Gabby. We swung by Pak-n-Save on the way home and picked up some meat and a couple of crates of beer and headed home for another BBQ, followed by a long game of beer pong. One of the best nights we've had since we got here. 

Having just spent nearly the entire day uploading our pictures onto Flickr, I came across these photos of some decoupage coasters I made for the house a couple of weeks ago and thought I would share them. I took the images from magazines I had read on our 30 hour plane journey and pasted them onto 89cent wooden coasters from the art shop. They just need a couple of coats of a acrylic sealer and they'll be nice and waterproof!

No comments:

Post a Comment