Thursday 31 May 2012

Crafty Winter Foraging




It's official. Winter has arrived down under. But I'm not complaining. Looking out of the window, I am greeted this morning by blue skies and a determined sunshine. Don't get me wrong, it's not warm, by any stretch of the imagination. But at least it's bright. And I must admit, I do quite like clear frosty weather. It's refreshing; it keeps the head clear.

As another mark that winter is upon us, the Winter Encraftment Market was hosted last weekend. Other than the regular Sunday market at Riccarton race-course which has a few handmade stalls dotted around, this was the first craft market I've attended since being here and I was pretty excited due to the huge range of talent I'd found through Felt and Facebook. I bought a lovely array of clay beads and charms from madebyme and hope to attend one of their jewellery classes this month to turn my purchases into something pretty.

I was also giddy upon seeing slyfox had a stall and rushed over to admire all the woodland inspired goodies on display. Mr Bear took pity on me upon seeing my distress having discovered these adorable fox studs and consented to the purchase (which was greeted with squealing delight). I'v worn them once so far but feel they are too precious to wear all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment