Sunday 5 August 2012

Tweak Tweak

 

I admit at times, I am somewhat of a perfectionist. I apply that term quite loosely though; referring not to any measure of precision or accuracy, but rather to my tendancy to be hard to please. Whenever I finish a piece, there is always a niggling feeling in the back of my mind that something's not quite right. It looks unfinished. There's a missing element.

When I posted pictures of my latest creation, the bird's nest headband, I felt this very same feeling. "Too much green", said the niggling pest, "Not enough texture". 

So I decided to re-visit it today and try and make some improvements. I added leaves and yellow roses around the base of the nest, to increase the tree-top appearance. I'm much happier with it now....the niggling feeling has definitely decreased.

No comments:

Post a Comment