Wednesday 9 January 2013

Hooping with Joy


I have another project to share today: another piece of embroidery hoop art. I haven't done one of these for a while but recently we had a class on at work, run by the very talented Kerry Anne, and I attended along with my friend Gabby to learn how to add fabric and texture to hoops and how to finish the back in a professional looking way.

I used a supplied drawing to trace onto my fabric, opting for an alternative perspective showing only the bottom half of the original drawing. We then cut out fabric pieces and ironed onto bonda-web, which was then fused on top of our design and stitched over using a simple back stitch.

I love the result and it's pretty addictive once you get into it! It's a good way to wind down at the end of a long day and can even be down in front of the telly!

Here in the bear household, it is our overall aim for 2013 to earn and save as much money as possible for our wedding and globe-trotting honeymoon next year. One way I'm contemplating achieving this is to produce embroidery artworks to sell online and potentially at work.

I've been doing a bit of research and gathering inspirational images to help me define my 'style'. Here a few that most closely resemble the effect I wish to accomplish...

Stephanie Kelly 





Joetta Maue

Lucky Jackson

I've also started a Pinterest board to collect images of inspirational work from talented stitchers. Have a peek if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment