Sunday 3 February 2013

St Valentine's Creations

Now I'm well under way with planning our wedding for next May, I have been on the look out for inspiration for wedding invitations. Upon hearing that I was planning on spending a small fortune on invites, my dear friend Suze advised me to have a go at making my own. She is getting married to the lovely Daniel next month (ahhh so soon!) and made all her own invitations for the guests. Much more cost effective AND a gorgeous gift for all your family and friends.

My talented Mama has agreed to help me with the art work and the hunt for inspiration has now begun. Think hand-painted flowers and little illustrated Mr & Mrs Bear and you're half way there. Eeee MRS Bear!!! Sorry, completely necessary outburst of joy there! :)

Anywho, as any googling often will, my hunt was way laid several times by beautiful illustrations and handmade cards from all my favourite stationers. I've always been a big stationary fan, but now I think it's safe to say I'm in love with it. I've come across many a humorous, witty and intricately drawn card today and I thought, in the spirit of Valentines, I would share some of my fave lovey dovey greetings with you....
Both of the above: Rifle Paper Co



Hello Lucky
Jon Klassen
Becca Stadtlander


No comments:

Post a Comment