Tuesday 18 March 2014

Travel Wallets


I'm very excited to share my latest project with you today. On Sunday, Martin and I sat down to breakfast together and trawled Pinterest for neat ideas to organise our stuff and keep important things together while we're travelling. We've never travelled with backpacks before and I'm a bit worried I'm going to lose things if they're all in one big compartment, which I have a tendency to do with any bag really!

Our main focus was to find something to carry all our documents in which we could wear under our clothes or attach to ourselves somehow. I came across this great tutorial on Craftster and decided to give it a go!



I've never made any kind of wallet before and felt a bit intimidated by all the different elements. But once I had all my pieces cut out - which was by far the most time-consuming part of the process - it all seems to come together fairly easily. Just lots of corner clipping, top-stitching and pressing. 



This wallet has compartments for just about everything! There's a pocket for your boarding passes, one for your passport, another for your driver's license, a coin pouch, compartments for your cards and a lined zipper pouch for cash. It even includes somewhere to keep a pen safe for when you're filling out immigration slips - perfect!



My only real concern with them is that they turned out to be massive, which may make wearing them under our clothes a bit tricky! If I made one again (which I'd very much like to - present anyone?) I'd skip the boarding pass holder to make it shorter and only add one credit card compartment. But overall, I think they'll do the job beautifully!




No comments:

Post a Comment